Met Paige by divine appointment in the mall one day. I was ironically shopping for my wedding day makeup and she was kind enough to help me, so I invited her to church. Fast forward to a year later and she’s now an intern at the church and one of my closest friends. Love having a friend with a good story, especially when that friend is also a freakishly talented pro makeup artist.
Im pretty boring when it comes to makeup, my routine has been the same for decades so Paige couldn’t be any more of a blessing to me. I sat down with her the other day and asked her to help me vamp up my makeup bag with some new products and this is what she shared with me for the perfect summer time natural bronzed look…
Summer Essentials of a Pro Makeup Artist:
1. Cover Fx Illuminating Setting Spray This stuff is a long lasting setting spray AND makes you glossy to the heavens. Paige loves this one especially in the summer because it doesn’t contain alcohol like most other setting sprays which ultimately dries out the skin. She recommends you give it a good shake before spritzing for an even luminous glow.
2. Tatcha Gold Camellia Beauty Oil Thank you gorgeous Geisha girls who found this magic elixir. Apparently Camellia oil has been used by Geisha’s in Japan for 2,000 years to protect their skin and hair from the salty, cold ocean water and air. (Hello beach trips) It calms redness and hydrates skin before makeup, and of course Tatcha added in gold flakes because they are just so extra.
3. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation I try to get away from using a full face of foundation in the summer time ( Im usually more of a sunscreen and mascara kinda girl) but Paige may have changed my ways with this one. This Armani foundation feels like second skin, super lightweight and has a beautiful natural glowy finish.
4. Too Faced Sweet Peach Glow Palette Blush, Bronzer and highlighter in one- in the most beautiful peachy tones. Perfect for travel in the cute tin case. Ill be wearing this all summer long. Fair warning: the peachy smell is actually proven to be addicting. Sometimes I open it just to sniff it. Is that weird?
5. Marc Jacobs Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer The shade Paige uses is “Sugar Sugar” Its the perfect pinky-nude. Its not sticky like every other glosses and it even kinda makes your lips look plumper too soooo I’ll take one in every shade please!
Comment below if you’d like to see more of Paige Elizabeth makeup artistry and for bookings check her at on Instagram at @paigeelizabeth.mua.