One day I secretly hope to be a really good gourmet chef. Until then, blender recipes are my jam. We love mixing up smoothie bowls in our house. They are colorful, refreshing, guilt-free and never boring. Pitaya, or dragon fruit is one of our favorites. Pitaya is rich in antioxidants, full of B vitamins, good fatty acids, and a ton of vitamin c. (Hello glowy skin)
I like to kick it up a knotch by mixing in different protein powders, probiotics and collagen peptides to my smoothie bowls. And sometimes to Colin’s too when he isn’t looking 😉
Pictured here seriously believing that if I sat outside, I could eat alone for a change.
5 seconds later.
Pitaya Beauty Bowl Recipe
1. Add to blender 1 frozen Pitaya smoothie pack. (I get mine at Sprouts in the frozen section for $5 but they look like this.)
2. Add 1/4 cup Almond milk or dairy beverage of choice.
3. Add 1 frozen banana. This makes it creamy.
4. Add 1 scoop Collagen boosting protein peptides. (This is the collagen brand I use.)
5. Pulse until blended.
6. Pour into bowl and serve with your favorite toppings. I love to add a good granola+ nut mixture for a crunch. As well as seasonal fruits, berries and shaved coconut or agave for sweetness.
Loca loves Pitaya too. She absolutely freaks out for any fruit or veggie. Pretty sure her whiskers were stained pink for days after this. So there you have it. Not all beauty is pain.